Tofu, The Other White Protein

Monday, October 25, 2010
As part of my transition back to mainstream dining, I began experimenting with Tofu, at least until I can eat ground meat and soft proteins again.
I know what you’re thinking.
TOFU! 
Are you kidding me?
Begging the question:
What food group does Tofu fall into?
Is it a vegetable, or mineral?

I use to make fun of people who ate Tofu too, that is, until I couldn’t chew anything.
If I had my druthers, I’d be eating meat and potatoes, however, after reviewing the nutritional content of Tofu, it was starting to look pretty good, and its soft texture was on my list as well:
  • Protein-5g
  • Calorie-3 oz porton-50 calories
  • Carbs-2g
  • Gluten Free
  • Sugar-Free
  • Cholesterol-Free
  • Calcium 8%
  • Iron 8%

I started experimenting with Tofu in several dishes and recipes, and discovered, I was able to maintain similar flavor profiles without sacrificing my daily allotment of protein.
I don’t plan to venture too far into the Outer Limits of Tofu, so stay tuned for more fun and frolic in the adventures of the Food Diaries.

Bon Apetite,

No comments: