Giving Thanks


Thursday, November 25, 2010

To my one and only;

Today is Thanksgiving, and I would like to pay a humbled tribute to you for always being here for me. You’ve seen me through the good, the bad and the ugly, all without complaint. You’ve been a part of every fiber of my being, and through the years, have managed to minimize the outward physical proof of the wear and tear that I have subjected you to. Although, I haven’t always been the most ideal guest, you on the other hand have been the perfect host, always gracious and accommodating while unselfishly giving me all the care and beauty you have to offer, no matter how neglectful or thoughtless I have been of your precious gift.

We’ve been blest you and I with an excellent family footprint, however, it is my responsibility as the steward and executor to shoulder the burden of that legacy, by providing us with the best possible means of care and nutrition.
I promise, from this day forward to always put you first, because I know, that you will in turn take care of me till the bitter end, and should the day arise when we have to fight “The Big Fight”; hopefully, that day will never ever come, but if it should, I promise to give you all that you need to fight the battle, and win the war.

In the meantime, I will do everything in my power with the knowledge that I’ve acquired to nurture and care for of us, and continue to educate myself to be the best possible caretaker. Thank you again for always being here, and for standing by me all these years I’m proud to have you as my body, mind and spirit I will honor and cherish you for all the days of my life.

With love and devotion,

Your humble servant

No comments: